3rd Food WasteRecovery Workshop
7 July 2020, Hotel The Landmark, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5 of the ISEKI-Food Association), chaired by Dr. Charis M. Galanakis, organizes this workshop as a pre-conference event to the 6th ISEKI-Food Conference in Nicosia, dedicated to the recovery of high added-value compounds (e.g. polyphenols, antioxidants, pectin, carotenoids, proteins, glucosinolates, lipids etc) from food processing by-products (olive mill waste, grape marc, coffee silverskin, cereal processing by-products, meat co-products etc).
Objectives of the Workshop
All food companies have problems valorizing their waste and by-products. Solutions are often outside their expertise and need third party advices. Our group aims to support food industries and organisations to innovate and develop food waste recovery and sustainability projects. We understand that finding the right strategy, technologies and potential applications for the recovered ingredients can be time consuming. We have the experience, technical knowledge, extensive network and capabilities to deliver the answers you need to achieve these objectives.
The objective of this workshop is to provide up-to-date knowledge and critical information in the field by:
- advising food industries to recovery valuable compounds from food processing by-products
- exchanging methodologies, ideas and scale up experiences
- discussing relevant processes and technologies
- investigating applications of recovered compounds in the food industry
- highlighting sustainable solutions
- recruiting experts
During the workshop, the following topics will be addressed:
- Recent advances on food by-products processing: olive mill wastewater, wine lees, grape marc, coffee husk, coffee silverskin, polyphenol-rich substrates, wheat bran etc
- Emerging non-thermal technologies for the recovery of compounds and the development of functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Examples and success stories of industrial and commercialized applications
- Presentation of Food Waste Recovery Group current activities
- Round table discussion for future trends, synergies and consortium developments
We warmly welcome contributions of oral and poster presentations from workshop participants willing to contribute with the results of their research and industrialization efforts on the specific topics of the event. Studies will be accepted for oral presentation, whereas a poster session will be conducted in parallel to the workshop.
Please submit your abstract (up to 300 words) to email@example.com until 28 February 2020. You can download a template of the abstract here.
- Special discounts for early registrations & students
- A brochure with abstracts will be provided to the participants
- Privileged registration in the Expert Evaluator Database of SIG5
- Special discounts for the books developed by Food Waste Recovery Group
- EUR 120 for students
- EUR 160 early bird registration, and ISEKI-members and conference attendees
- EUR 200 for individual researchers, late registration and non-ISEKI members
Online registration is mandatory, please click HERE!
Programme will be available soon.